What a difference a year can make. Last years wet season didn't arrive until June 1st. This year we've had rainy conditions since Thanksgiving. How will this influence the upcoming mosquito season?
An early wet season, or one that is completely lacking during the autumn, winter, and spring months will definitely create a much busier pest season. Last year we were experiencing minor drought conditions. We found relief by June 1st. We had a busy season. This year we are expecting far more activity. I fully expect to have a cooler and wetter 2018 which has been the trend so far. Once a weather pattern like this starts, it usually continues.
Tips from Meryl’s Termite & Pest Control on how you can help reduce your mosquitoes by reducing the mosquitoes on your property.
– Don’t allow standing water to gather, however, we also can safely treat bird feeders that kills the mosquito larvae which will help reduce the mosquitoes on your property. Especially during the wet season.
– Trim excessive weeds, grass, and shrubs.
– Remove piles of leaves and wood piles, check clogged gutters and flat roofs that may have poor drainage and keep gutters clear.
– Keep grass and hedges cut/trimmed.
– Covers barrels and trash containers tightly with a lid.
– Do not let rain water in barrels. Remove standing water in old tires, buckets, drums, flower pots, tarps or any containers.
– Store boats covered or upside down. Use soil to fill in low areas in lawns and landscaped areas where rainwater may collect and stand for more than seven days.
To help reduce the population of mosquitoes during the wet season our mosquito control program, we come out every three weeks usually through the months of April through October. We are able to treat areas around homes, offices, barns, and most other structures. Our mosquito misting machine deeply penetrates harborage areas around the structure being treated. Sheltered areas where the mosquitoes live including plants, shrubs, trees, and other tight areas are easily reached with our product. We also offer one-time treatments to outdoor areas that will be used for events such as parties, weddings, picnics, or any other social meeting. So don’t let mosquitoes put a damper on your outdoors activities. Call Meryl’s Termite and Pest Control today and get on out mosquito control reduction program!